Remember, this is only a guide. Trust the Holy Spirit to lead you into prayer each day. There is no “right or wrong” way to use this guide. Here is our suggestion for each day. Each day there is a scripture to reflect on, a prayer to pray, and lastly, a template for guided prayer.
Begin your time with quieting your mind. Find a place to be quiet, sit down, close your eyes and take a deep breath. As you do realize that every breath comes from God. Ask God to draw you close during this time and to meet with Him in scripture.
• Read the scripture for the day. Take time to notice the words or phrases that speak to you. Realize this is God’s word.
• Pray aloud or read the prayer for the day.
• Pray specifically from what God spoke to you through His word and use the acronym A.C.T.S.
○ Adoration – Praise and worship
○ Confession – Anything God convicted you of
○ Thanks – What stirs your heart to gratitude
○ Supplication – Your needs, wants, desires
• End with the acronym F.A.S.T.
○ Family and Friends – Pray for loved ones
○ Awakening – spiritual awakening in our communities
○ Salvation – for those who do not know Christ
○ The Church –to be Christlike, Spirit-led, on mission
Sometimes you may be praying together at your LifeGroup or at church or another suggested location. Other times you may be spending the time in solitude alone with Jesus. If you can’t gather with others for corporate prayer, enjoy time walking in God’s creation or in a quiet place.